It hasn't felt like winter here at all and so I've been wanting to make Spring inspired desserts. So, I thought why not share this amazing Cinnamon Maca Honey Cake with you all. This would be a great cake to bake for someone special this Valentine's Day because it's light and sweet. I made this cake last fall when I entered the Jem Organics contest to have a recipe featured in their cookbook. And they chose this one (along with my Cinnamon Maca Almond Butter Pops)! I used Jem Organics Cinnamon Maca Almond Butter, which you can pick up in the bake shop or you can find it on their website here.
- 1 stick (113 grams) organic salted butter, softened
- 142 grams (1/2 cup + 2 Tablespoons) organic cane sugar
- 28 grams (1 Tablespoon + 1 teaspoon) organic raw honey
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- 2 organic large eggs
- 1/2 cup organic heavy whipping cream
- 170 grams (1 cup + 3 Tablespoons) all natural cake flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 sticks (226 grams) organic butter, softened
- 1 lb. (3 cups + 3 Tablespoons) organic powdered sugar, sifted
- 85 grams Jem Organics Cinnamon Maca Almond Butter
- 2 teaspoons organic vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, add the butter, sugar, honey and vanilla extract. Mix on low until all ingredients are combined and there’s no butter chunks.
Add the eggs and mix just slightly.
In a separate bowl, add the cake flour, baking powder and sea salt and whisk together.
Add the cream and cake flour mixture to the mixing bowl and mix on low until you have a smooth cake batter.
Line the bottom of three 6” cake pans with parchment paper.
Pour batter evenly into each pan, about 219 grams each.
Bake for 17 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
Once the cakes are cooled, remove them from the cake pans and start the frosting.
In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, add the butter, powdered sugar, vanilla extract and Jem Organics Cinnamon Maca Almond Butter. Mix on low until combined, then speed mixer up to high for 1 minute or until light and fluffy.
On a cake spinner or cake stand, place the first cake layer. Spread a generous amount of frosting, drizzle with honey and sprinkle with sea salt. Top with the second cake layer and repeat this process.
Frost the outside of the cake.
Top with a drizzle of honey and a sprinkle of sea salt.
Gluten Free - Replace the cake flour with 170 grams (1 cup + 1 Tablespoon + 1 teaspoon) organic gluten free flour blend. Our favorite is Namaste Organic Perfect Flour Blend.
High Altitude – Bake at 350 degrees for 17 minutes.