I cannot believe the Fourth of July is just days away. The summer seems to be flying by. I'm sure everyone has Fourth of July parties to attend to. And, this One Bowl Strawberry Cake is perfect for Fourth of July. It's light, fluffy and has fresh strawberries. Because this cake is made in a rectangle dish, it's also super easy to cover with plastic wrap and bring over to a friend's house as well. And, it goes great with cocktails of all kinds. If you wanted to make the frosting blue you could easily replace the natural pink dye with blue to be more festive. I usually don't decorate for holidays though haha, so of course mine is pink below!
One Bowl Strawberry Cake | Makes: 9” x 13” Rectangle Cake
- 3/4 cup organic canola oil
- 3/4 cup organic heavy whipping cream
- 3 organic large eggs
- 326 g. (1 1/4 cups + 3 T.) organic sugar
- 2 tsp. organic ground vanilla extract
- 368 g. (2 2/3 cups) all natural cake flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 stick (57 g.) organic salted butter, softened
- 340 g. (2 1/2 cups) organic powdered sugar, sifted
- 1/2 cup organic heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp. all natural strawberry flavor
- 1/4 tsp. ColorKitchen Pink dye (find here) or do Blue for 4th of July!
- fresh organic strawberries
In the bowl of your stand mixer with paddle attachment (or just a mixing bowl with wooden spoon or spatula), add all the ingredients in the order they are listed.
Mix or stir until you have a smooth batter.
Grease and flour a 9" x 13" baking pan. Pour batter in and spread evenly.
Bake for 20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
Once the cake has cooled, start the icing.
In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, add the butter, powdered sugar, cream, strawberry flavor and pink dye. Mix on low until combined, then speed mixer up to high for 1 minute or until light and fluffy.
Dump the icing onto the cake and spread evenly.
Top with chopped strawberries (optional).
Store covered or covered in the fridge.
Baker’s Note: Make this cake gluten free by substituting the cake flour for an organic gluten free flour blend. Our favorite is Namaste Organic Perfect Flour Blend.
High Altitude – Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.