Spring is finally here in Mammoth and I couldn't be more excited. I am ready for warm weather and spring inspired desserts! So coconut and fruity flavors are both on my mind right now. I guess that's how I thought of these Raspberry Frosted Vegan Brownies with Toasted Coconut. These just scream Spring, and they look adorable too with light pastel pink frosting. Find the recipe below.
Raspberry Frosted Vegan Brownies | Makes 2 Dozen Brownies
- 284 grams (1 1/4 cups) organic cane sugar
- 57 grams (1/2 cup) organic dark chocolate, chopped
- 57 grams (2/3 cup) organic Dutch cocoa, sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon organic ground vanilla bean
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup organic coconut oil
- 1/4 cup organic coconut milk
- 255 grams (2 cups) organic all purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 354 grams (1 1/2 cups) powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon raspberry flavor (like Frontier Co-Op)
- pinch of ColorKitchen Pink Dye
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 30 grams (1/3 cup) organic fine shredded coconut
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Line a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with parchment paper, or grease with canola oil.
In a double boiler, add the sugar, dark chocolate, cocoa, and water. Melt completely and transfer to your stand mixing bowl with the paddle attachment.
Add the coconut milk, flour, vanilla bean, baking powder and sea salt in that order. Mix on low until combined, do not over mix.
Pour into the baking dish and spread evenly.
Bake for 17 minutes.
On a baking sheet, spread out the fine shredded coconut and bake for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Set aside.
Once the brownies are cooled, remove from pan and start the glaze. In mixing bowl, add all ingredients and whisk until you have a smooth pink glaze.
Pour over the top of the brownies and sprinkle with toasted coconut.
Cut into 24 brownies (6 x 4).
Store in an airtight container.
Gluten Free - Just substitute the organic flour for 255 grams (1 2/3 cups) organic gluten free flour blend. Our favorite is Namaste Organic Perfect Flour Blend
High Altitude – Bake at 350 degrees for 17 minutes.