Tomorrow is Valentine's Day! I hope you're all planning lots of sweet gifts and surprises for the people that you love. Today I made these Valentine's Day Sugar Cookies and they are delish! I used India Tree's colored sprinkles, made without artificial dyes and they are perfectly lovable.
Valentine's Day Sugar Cookies | Makes 2 Dozen Cookies
- 1 stick (113 grams) organic salted butter, softened
- 113 grams (1/2 cup) organic cane sugar
- 70 grams (1/2 cup) organic powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons organic vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon organic cinnamon
- 2 organic large eggs
- 298 grams (2 1/4 cups + 1 Tablespoon) organic all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 70 grams (scant 1/2 cup) all natural pink sprinkles
- 70 grams (scant 1/2 cup) all natural purple sprinkles
- 57 grams (1/4 cup) organic sugar
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, add the butter, 113 grams sugar (the rest you will use later), powdered sugar, vanilla extract and cinnamon. Mix on low until all ingredients are combined.
Add the eggs and mix on low until combined.
In a separate bowl, add the flour, sea salt and baking powder, whisk together.
Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix on low until cookie dough has formed.
Add the pink and purple sprinkles and mix to combine completely.
Add the remaining 57 grams sugar to a separate bowl, set aside.
Roll the dough into 24 cookie balls and roll the balls into sugar.
Place them on parchment paper and flatten so they look like a round disk about 2 1/2 inches in diameter. Space them at least 1 inch apart.
Sprinkle purple or pink sprinkles on top of each one.
Bake for 11 minutes.
Store in an airtight container.
Gluten Free - Replace the flour with 312 grams (2 cups) organic gluten free flour blend.
High Altitude - Bake at 375 degrees for 8 minutes.