Our Chocolate Donut Pound Cake is one of my all time favorite recipes! So, I thought we should do another flavor. This Strawberry Donut Pound Cake is just like the chocolate one, but pretty in pink with pastel rainbow sprinkles. I love pound cake because it not only tastes delicious, but it is so durable. You can bake the cake the night before, and then just remove it from the bundt pan the next day and frost it. Not only that, but this lasts for days - I'm usually eating all week long.
Tips for making the best Strawberry Donut Pound Cake
• Use a high quality bundt pan so it's easy to remove your cake. My favorite can be found here.
• Use soft butter. I like to leave the butter out on the counter overnight and then bake with it the next day. This allows it to soften at room temperature, which is always best. If you must microwave it, don't do more than 10 seconds at a time.
• Use high quality butter, sugar, milk, and flour. This is a very simple cake with only a few ingredients - so they all really matter! I prefer to use organic ingredients all the time, but if you waffle this is a cake where it would be worth it.
• Use whole milk. Always use whole milk when making cakes as it provides fat and flavor.
• Grease the bundt pan well! Use a canola oil cooking spray, this helps tremendously over butter. Do not grease your pan and let it sit there, the grease will start to fall down the sides and will pool at the bottom of the pan. You always want to spray it very well right before you are ready to put the batter in. Spray it and immediately pour the batter in.
• Make sure to store this in a cake dome so it doesn't dry it. It will stay good for days if it's kept in a dome or in an airtight container.
This easy and oh so delicious pound cake is perfect for brunch, snacks, or dessert. I love eating pound cake right after breakfast, haha! Make sure to serve with a glass of milk. Get the recipe for my Strawberry Donut Pound Cake.
Strawberry Donut Pound Cake
Makes 10-inch Bundt
1 cup (227 grams) organic salted butter, softened
680 grams (3 cups) organic cane sugar
2 teaspoons organic vanilla extract
7 organic large eggs
425 grams (3 cups) all natural cake flour
1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
1 cup organic milk
284 grams (2 cups) organic powdered sugar, sifted
2 tablespoons organic milk
1/2 teaspoon all natural strawberry flavor (like Frontier Co-Op)
a pinch of ColorKitchen pink dye (find here)
India Tree Nature's Colors Sprinkles (find here)
Method Preheat the oven to 350°F.
In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter, sugar and vanilla extract.
Add in the eggs and mix on low until combined. Scrape down the side of the bowl and mix again until combined.
In a separate bowl, mix together the cake flour and sea salt.
Add in the cake flour mixture and milk, alternating each and beginning and ending with the cake flour. Mix on low until combined. Scrape sides of bowl and mix again on low until combined.
Grease a 10 inch silicone bundt pan well with butter. And, pour the cake batter into the bundt pan.
Bake for 1 hour 45 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
Once cake is cooled, remove it from the bundt pan, carefully.
In a clean mixing bowl fitted with the paddle attachment, add the powdered sugar, milk, pink dye, and strawberry flavor. Mix on low until combined into a smooth frosting.
Place cake on a cake stand, and drizzle the frosting over the top of the cake so it runs down both sides. Sprinkle the top of the frosting with rainbow sprinkles.
Store in a cake dome for up to 7 days.
High Altitude - Bake at 350°F for 1 hour 30 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
Did you make this recipe? Make sure to tag @dessertdorganic on Instagram!