Banana bread is a classic dessert that everyone loves. So today I'm sharing a little different version that you'll love just as much! Plus, I also love that you can eat banana bread for breakfast and it's completely okay. My Strawberry Shortcake Banana Bread recipe is perfect for breakfast, brunch, snack, or dessert.
I used freeze dried strawberries in this banana bread, because fresh ones along with the bananas can make this too moist and wet. I also added a sweet glaze for a strawberry shortcake inspired banana bread. This recipe is still a classic banana bread that's moist and sweet, but the addition of the strawberries and glaze makes it even better! And nothing goes better with banana bread than a glass of milk, which is exactly how I like to eat this one. Get the recipe below for my Strawberry Shortcake Banana Bread.
Tips for making the best Strawberry Shortcake Banana Bread
• Use overly ripe bananas. This is perfect for when bananas start to go bad, save them for banana bread!
• Make sure your butter is soft! The butter should be so soft that if you used it to spread onto a piece of bread, it wouldn't break or damage the bread at all. You should be able to squish it with your hand easily. When you use soft butter, it allows you to cream the butter and sugar easily so you don't have butter chunks.
• Use room temperature eggs and cream. These ingredients are refrigerator ingredients, and when you add cold ingredients into warm ones (such as adding eggs into creamed butter and sugar that is room temperature, it can clump easily). Using dairy items at room temperature allow them to combine into the batter more easily and will make for a smoother batter.
• Use a USA Pan that has ridges on it so your banana bread comes out easily! You can find my favorite 1 pound loaf pan here. The ridges in these pans help baked goods bake better and also remove from the pan easier!
• Store banana bread in an airtight container the day it's baked. This helps keep banana bread moist, don't leave uncovered as it can dry out easily.
Strawberry Shortcake Banana Bread Makes 1-pound loaf Batter 1/2 cup (113 grams) organic salted butter, softened 113 grams (1/2 cup) organic packed dark brown sugar 57 grams (1/4 cup) organic cane sugar 1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract 2 organic large ripe bananas 2 organic large eggs, room temperature 3/4 cup organic heavy whipping cream, room temperature 170 grams (1 cup plus 3 tablespoons) all natural cake flour 3/4 teaspoon baking powder 1/2 teaspoon organic cinnamon 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
1 ounce organic freeze dried strawberries