Valentine's Day Toasted Coconut Dark Chocolate Bars

The best thing about Valentine's Day is chocolate. Plain and simple. One of my favorite things about this holiday as a child was eating it for breakfast, as I mentioned in my Pink Peppermint Ice post.


And if I'm not eating reminiscent chocolate candies of my childhood, then I am eating chocolate and coconut. It is by far my favorite combination. So I have created a Toasted Coconut Dark Chocolate Bar. If you've ever had K'UL Chocolate Bars, this literally tastes exactly like their Toasted Coconut Bar, which I used to buy all the time. Now, I just make these instead.


I wrapped these up in simple foil and printed out some cute Valentine's Day sayings on cardstock. I just wrapped the cardstock over the foil and taped the back. This is a very easy DIY Valentine's Day candy project that allows you to create any kind of personal message you want! Get the recipe for these Valentine's Day chocolate bars below.






Toasted Coconut Chocolate Bars

Makes 4


226 grams (8 ounces) organic dark chocolate, chopped

57 grams (2/3 cup) organic unsweetened fine shredded coconut

4 chocolate bar molds (find here)


Method

Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.


Spread the fine shredded coconut evenly onto the baking sheet and bake for 2 to 4 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and set aside.


Using a double boiler, add about 80% of the dark chocolate and melt until it reaches 115°F on a chocolate thermometer. Remove from heat and add in the remaining 20% and stir vigorously to combine completely. Allow chocolate to come down to 90°F.


Place the chocolate molds onto a baking sheet. Stir the toasted coconut into the dark chocolate and fill each mold to the brim. Place in the freezer to set for about 1 hour.


Remove and wrap in foil, store in a cool dry place.


High Altitude – Follow the recipe as noted.

COMPANY
SUBSCRIBE
INFO
  • Instagram
  • Pinterest
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Black RSS Icon

© 2020 Dessert'D Organic Bake Shop